Tuesday, November 30, 2010

How to make baby food: Pears

This is how to make homemade pear puree for your fat baby.

IMG_0446 

    1. Start with fresh pears

IMG_0448

  2. Remove skins and seeds. Dice them up.

.IMG_0455

3. Boil them up with enough water just covering them until tender - about 8 min.

IMG_0457

4. Into the magic bullet. Puree until smooth.

IMG_0461

5. Yum.

IMG_0463

6. Into covered ice cube trays, freeze. Thaw and serve.

This batch made about 16 "ice cube servings" - approx 1 oz. each. The organic pears were $1.48/lb. - the 4 I purchased totaled $2.22. This is $0.14/serving(ounce). The small jar of organic pears from Earth's Best were $0.89, for 2.5oz or $0.36/ounce. Good savings if you ask me. It would have cost me $5.76 for the same from Earth's best, plus I am in control of what is in the food. And I like control.

No comments:

Post a Comment