Here are the lyrics:
The storm is coming, but I don't mind.
People are dying, I close my blinds.
All that I know is I'm breathing now.
I want to change the world, instead I sleep.
I want to believe in more than you and me.
But all that I know is I'm breathing.
All I can do is keep breathing.
All we can do is keep breathing now.
All that I know is I'm breathing.
All I can do is keep breathing.
All we can do is keep breathing.
All we can do is keep breathing now.
This is song is my mantra for right now, my mission statement, my daily affirmation, my life...just for right now.
On Wednesday, February 9th, 2011 at 1:17am my Dad left me to rejoice in Heaven with Jesus. He was 57 and lived a rich life full of family, friends, old cars, food, love, and laughter.
On Saturday, February 19th, 2011 at 12:52am my sister and her husband welcomed a beautiful daughter - Natalie Lynn Tenley - into the world. The only problem was is that she was already with Jesus.
On Monday, February 21st, 2011 at 9:30am, our Noah had his 9 month well child check up. He has a new heart murmur, and is head circumference and weight aren't following his growth chart proportionately. We will need to see a pediatric cardiologist on Wednesday, March 16th, 2011 at 10:00am.
And even though we feel alone, forgotten, we know is this not the case, because our wonderful family and friends are with us, praying for us, holding us, sending wonderful notes and giving rich words of wisdom during these trying times.
And I just want to add if someone else says, "God only gives you what you can handle" they may get punched in the gut. I can't handle any more, my family can't handle any more, and we didn't sign up for extra strength training. You have been warned....
So for now, right now, we will keep holding on to each other. We will keep weathering the storm. We will keep holding hands. We will keep kissing each other. We will keep praying to God to carry us because we cannot walk right now. This moment, these moments are our lives. And I would rather be in this life than the alternative. Keep breathing.

Kate, this is so beautiful. I love you guys and am praying - crying out to God with and for you all, even as tears stream down my face and my heart aches for all of you.
ReplyDeleteKate - I am so glad you posted this. I've been praying for you and your family and wondering how you can possibly be holding anything together during this storm of your life. Praying that God shows you how big He is during this time and that you come out on the other side knowing that you survived this difficult time because of your faith.
ReplyDeleteAlicia Emanuel
Please let us know if there is anything you need!
Kate, you might be one of the most amazing women I've ever met.I can't imagine the fear and pain you are living with right now, but I do know you have an amazing strength within you. You held my family together on more days than you'll ever know...I was, and am, always so grateful to have been able to know you. I have spent many nights praying for your family, and I will continue to do so. Just know, as you feel as though you can't take anymore, your friends and family are here to help carry you through these times. I remember clearly, wanting to smack the next person to tell me that God won't give you more than you can handle...go ahead and hit them!!! The truth is, he will, but you'll amaze yourself when you come out still standing!
ReplyDeleteKeeping my fingers crossed and my heart open for you and your family---lots of love,
Corina