Sunday, July 31, 2011

DISNEY!!!

We decided to brave it, the heat of over 100*, the prices (for the 3 of us as Noah was free, $265.20 admission), Lunch $37.10 (hotdog, mac n cheese, salad, chicken strips), a $17 water spraying battery operated fan, and TONS of fun at Disney World's Magic Kingdom on Thursday, July 21, 2011. We got there after parking on the lot, and a tram, then a bus to the entrance and went to the happiest place on Earth.

IMG_4455

Look at my 2 little boys in front of the Castle!! I hope I always remember how small they once were!

Gabe told me, he didn't want to see Mickey or Donald, he just wanted to see Goofy. I said, "I hope he doesn't have the day off." And we went to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride as Gabe LOVES pirates. And when I say LOVES I mean that he idolizes them. At home this week (August 5th, 2011) he was up in his tree house pretending to be Jake (from Jake and the Neverland Pirates - his Favorite show) and he grabbed onto the rope (or vine as he was pretending) and swung out of his play ground (or as he was pretending Bucky, Jake's pirate ship). It didn't go well.

jake IMG_4274

Jake                                                  Gabe

(unfortunately, Gabe is not Jake, although he made us call him that an entire afternoon and refused to answer to Gabe).

Well, much to our surprise, Pirate Goofy was there at the Pirates of the Caribbean ride! Gabe was trilled and ran right up to him (after waiting in line for 15 minutes and for Goofy to take a 15 minute break), none-the-less, and gave him a hug like they were long lost friends.

IMG_4463a-1 

Isn't this a great picture.

IMG_4465

Goofy said, "bye" and Gabe couldn't resist one last hug!

IMG_4470

Mommy and the boys enjoy the Pirates ride.

IMG_4477

It was HOT!!! See $17 fan, it was worth it.

IMG_4483

There we are!

IMG_4485

Gabe at Donald Duck's 3D movie!

IMG_4495

A Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Sandwich as we leave! Noah passed out and Daddy got to go on the Lilo and Stitch Ride with Gabe and Mommy got to go on the Buzz Lightyear ride with Gabe while Noah napped in the stroller.

The next day Gabe's cousins Ela and Addy got their hair done like Princesses. Not to be left out, Gabe got a sword and shield and became a night in shining armor.

IMG_4500

Before.

IMG_4508 IMG_4504 IMG_4516

IMG_4512 IMG_4505  IMG_4511

IMG_4518-1

Gabe looking ever so handsome and oh so strong as Knight Gabriel!

IMG_4525

Gabe is protecting the Princesses!

All in all Disney was great. Gabe was really the perfect age, and really understood it all. Since Disney is so family friendly there weren't any rides that Gabe could go on that Noah couldn't so it was great for us all. Noah tolerated it well, and Gabe loved it. We can't wait to go back, but 1 day was just the right amount of time for Gabe's age now.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pic of Gabe and goofy. I also love the sword ones - he looks like he is giving you a glimpse of some danger to come in a couple of years:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Disney pictures too. Looks like Gabe really did enjoy spending time with Goofy and the whole Disney experience. Maybe he will just have to go again sometime with Nana and her family.

    ReplyDelete