Monday, May 16, 2011

One

One year ago today, I was a mother to one. One little Gabriel that captivated my attention, his long eyelashes and subtle sly smile, made me want to share him with another.

IMG_2726

And one year and one day from today Noah Bryan Jones entered our family. And now two littles captivate my attention, their long eyelashes and subtle smiles melting me and making me forever wonder. I wonder how long it will be until I feel whole again, since two little boys have a piece of my heart and are walking around this world with it in their back pockets.

IMG_2876

One year ago today, I had my Dad and although we knew he had cancer, he was beating it. He was full of life enjoying being a Papa again, and looking forward to being a Papa for the 3rd time to Kristen's baby growing in her belly. How can so much change in one year?

I don't know the answer to that question, but I do know this. One year brings love, and growth, and change, and tears, and laughter, and little boys loving their Mama. So we shall reminisce about One year, and all that came with it on May 17, 2011 at 10:33 am when 6 lbs 11oz, and 21" of Noah entered this world.

IMG_7220 One year ago, a family of 3...

IMG_7285

plus One...

IMG_7301

Becomes 4.

IMG_0118

This little newborn boy...

IMG_0091

So sweet, quiet, and innocent...

IMG_2892

Becomes this...

IMG_2908

Full of sweetness and cuddles, but not so quiet and innocent. But full of spitfire and noise, living up to his middle name by driving cars across my floors, Noah Bryan. You are mine, and I am SO glad you are here.

IMG_2878 dad small noah-small

Always remember that the future comes one day at a time.
Dean Acheson


IMG_7514 

Stay tuned for the birthday tomorrow, and the birthday party on Saturday!

img024

No comments:

Post a Comment